Friday, May 4, 2007

How to remove a tick safely

To Remove the entire TICK safely..........

Tick Removal Please forward to anyone with children . or hunters, etc!!
thanks! A School Nurse has written the info below -- good enough to share --
And it really works!! I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the
best way to remove a tick. This is great, because it works in those places
where it's sometimes difficult to get to with tweezers: between toes, in the
middle of a head full of dark hair, etc. Apply a glob of liquid soap to a
cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and let it stay
on the repulsive insect for a few seconds (15-20), after which the tick will
come out on it's own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away.
This technique has worked every time I've used it (and that was frequently),
and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me. Unless
someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be damaging in any
way. I even had my doctor's wife call me for advice because she had one
stuck to her back and she couldn't reach it with tweezers. She used this
method and immediately called me back to say, "It worked!"

Please pass on; everyone needs this helpful hint.

No comments: