Monday, October 15, 2007
I have been studying the Raven Wear system. http://www.ravenwear.ca/
Polartec long underwear
Fleece outer wear
Sherpa over wear
Woolpower makes some great wool clothing and socks also. http://www.woolpower.se/en/asp/info_us.asp
More of my picks from this years show in Harrisburg PA
Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show 2007 - America’s largest, most comprehensive cons
Knife Sharpener :: Spyderco Product Details ::
Raven Wear Home Page
King of the mountain, professional hunting consultant, hunting clothes, wool camouflage, extreme weather gear, rugged outdoo
Woolpower - wool, garments, underwear, ull, underkläder, thermo-wear, micron, work-wear, merino, merinoull, klar, underställ
Ghillie Suits.com Inc. We offer the Original Patented Ghillie suits and supplies.
Alberta Whitetail Deer Hunting with Ron Nemetchek
Alberta Trophy Whitetail Deer Hunting, Alberta Mule Deer & Black Bear Hunting, Moose &amp; Elk Hunting Alberta Hunting Guide & O
Bowhunters Hall of Fame Chuck Adams
Albert Wutsch From kill to table, handle venison properly - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
"The Art of Cooking Venison"
Bob Foulkrod.com "Preparing for your next Big Game Hunting Adventure"
The Chameleon Blind
Buckstumps Custom Antler Mounts Specializing in Whitetail Deer Antlers
Welcome to Emmrod.com - Compact Fishing Poles, Compact Fishing Rods, Travel Rods, Fishing Poles, Fishing Gear, Home of the 22" pole with the action of a 6' Rod
Friday, October 12, 2007
Here's a nice story from the RTD. Link
Anyone else see or shoot anything?
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Hunting restrictions on deer loosened due to overpopulation
Lynchburg News and Advance - Lynchburg,VA,USA
More than 223000 deer were reported killed by hunters in Virginia last year, according to the DGIF Web site. That was a 4 percent increase from the year ...
See all stories on this topic
Friday, October 5, 2007
Good link here
Archery Deer Seasons
Archery Either-Sex Deer Hunting
- Deer of either sex may be taken full season during all archery seasons, unless otherwise noted below.
- Only antlered deer may be taken during the early and late archery deer seasons on PALS (Public Access Lands) in Dickenson County.
Early Archery Season
October 6-November 16: statewide
Late Archery Seasons
December 3-January 5:
- In all areas west of the Blue Ridge (except Clarke and Floyd counties and on private lands in Frederick County).
- In the counties (including the cities and towns within) of Amherst (west of Rt. 29), Bedford, Campbell (west of Norfolk Southern Railroad), and Nelson (west of Rt. 151).
- On the Chester F. Phelps WMA and on National Forest lands in Frederick County.
December 1-January 5:
- In the cities of Chesapeake, Suffolk (east of the Dismal Swamp line), and Virginia Beach.
December 17-January 5:
- In the counties (including the cities and towns within) of Floyd, Franklin, Henry, Patrick, and Pittsylvania (west of Norfolk Southern Railroad).
Urban Archery Deer Seasons
September 15-October 5 and January 7-March 29
- Within the incorporated limits of the cities of Colonial Heights, Danville, Emporia, Franklin, Lynchburg, Martinsville, Radford, Richmond, Winchester and the towns of Altavista, Amherst, Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Farmville, Independence, Purcellville, Richlands, Rocky Mount, Tazewell, West Point and in Fairfax County.
- During these seasons only antlerless deer may be taken.
- Lists of properties available for hunting are not maintained by the Department or local governments.
- Go to the Urban Archery Season page on this Web site for local restrictions and other urban archery information.
Legal Methods and Restrictions During Archery Deer Seasons
Special restrictions may apply during this season. See Legal Use of Firearms and Archery Equipment and Local Firearms Ordinances for details.
- Archery tackle only.
- Crossbows are legal.
- Broadhead widths must be at least 7/8-inch wide or expand upon impact to 7/8-inch.
- Bows must be capable of propelling a broadhead arrow at least 125 yards.
- It is unlawful to use arrows to which any drug, chemical or toxic substance has been added or explosive head arrows.
- It is unlawful to have a firearm in possession (see exception for concealed handguns).
- It is unlawful to use dogs.